Wednesday, April 11, 2007

April 2007 Update

Greetings everyone. Thanks to all from across the state for quickly coming together to start the process in Virginia. To date, "P. Scott" has set up a state blog at "Emergent Virginia (http://www.emergentva.blogspot.com/)" as well as one for the central region. To my knowledge, cohorts for the southwestern and northern parts of the state are in process of formation as well.

Also, currently, this blog is setup as a moderated forum to review, not edit, posts prior to their publication on the site. I set this up with the intent to help promote integrity. When we meet, we can come together on the finer points of organization and posting. With moderated comments, all that means is that an e-mail is sent to the administrators who must release the comment for publication on the blog. Again, this is not an editing function, merely a posting function.

One more point, I noticed on the cohort map, that there was an address listed for the SE Cohort that I do not know where it came from as no meeting place has been suggested or selected. I have e-mailed the cohort point of contact to obtain more information.

I plan on attending the 2007 Emergent Theological Conversation near Philadelphia this next week from the 16-18th and hope to post some insightful information to the blog upon my return. I look forward to meeting with some of you there. Perhaps we can arrange for a local meeting for the SE Cohort after the "conversation".

Peace and grace,
Brett

3 comments:

Brett Cook said...

Address update: I was informed that the address listed on the cohort map is "required" to place the pinpoint on the map. Ah, the wonders of modern technology ... Now I know why I left an almost twenty-five year in computers to something much simpler like theology, divinity, and philosophy of religion ... LOL. Peace, B.

Was said...

I was wondering if there is any meeting/conversation places happening in this region. I have led a small group (the Gathering) of 18-25 year olds at java junction (until it closed). We are now in limbo of what to do next. Any suggestions are appreciated. I have a blog (gathering102.blogspot.com) as well as a myspace (www.myspace.com/wasiscool)

Thanks guys

Kevin Wasinger

Was said...

I am meeting at Raleigh Heights May 7th at 7:00 for the Gathering Worship . Give me a call at 575 9500 after 4:00 any day...I teach at Oscar Smith and am working with the Gathering Ministries (independent ministry for 18 to 25 year olds)

Kevin Wasinger